INFORMATION OF ACCOMMODATION VISITORS FOR THE COMPLIANCE WITH THE SANITARY PROTOCOL UNDER MEASURES AGAINST THE CROWN COVID -19
Welcome to Akrotopi
We would like to inform you that our accommodation is fully harmonized with the special protocols of health content, according to which the tourist enterprises operate in the framework of taking measures against the coronavirus COVID-19, as defined by the joint Ministerial number 1881 / 29.5.2020 Decision of the Ministers of Finance – Health – Tourism (Government Gazette 2084 B ‘/ 29-5-2020).
All the staff of the accommodation has received the necessary training for the observance of the health protocols.
The accommodation has received a “Health First” certification mark from the Ministry of Tourism where it proves that the company complies with the protocols of health content.
In our effort to respond to the new data brought about by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we ask for your understanding and observance of the measures to prevent the transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
We inform you that the company does not bear civil liability, against any person, directly or indirectly related to the coronavirus COVID-19, as long as it complies with the special protocols of health content and has the certification mark “Health First” (par. 5, article 60, n . 4688 / 24-5-2020).
On behalf of the management of the accommodation we wish you a pleasant and safe stay!
- Where required, Personal Protective Equipment is available: mask (simple surgical or cloth / cloth) and disposable gloves.
The company complies with the circular of the Ministry of Health “Protection of Public Health from the coronavirus SARS-COV-2 in water supply and sewerage systems”.
- Basic measures to prevent the transmission of coronavirus – COVID-19 are applied by all employees in the company: hand hygiene, use of antiseptics, avoidance of handshakes, keeping body distances, avoidance of hand contact with the face and in general observance of personal and respiratory hygiene measures.
- Maria Spythouri has been appointed as the responsible coordinator of the accommodation, for the observance of the plan of observance of the rules of the health protocols, in the framework of the measures taken against the coronavirus COVID-19.
- The prescribed procedures are followed in accordance with the instructions of EODY, for the management of a suspected COVID-19 case.
- The staff of the accommodation uses means of Personal Protection, for which there is continuous adequacy.
- A staff member who shows symptoms related to the disease stays at home and returns to work if the laboratory test is negative. Also, if he comes in contact with a case, he must stay at home. In the above cases, the employee notifies the person responsible for the implementation of the suspicious case management plan of the accommodation.
- For the purposes of public health protection actions, the management / administration of the accommodation keeps a record of the staff members and all persons who stayed in the accommodation – name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail) – to be able to communicate with close contacts of any COVID-19 case, which may be identified a posteriori.
- Attention is also paid to the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data (GDPR) and all visitors are informed that a record is kept for reasons of public health protection.
- The company has special equipment (medical kit) in case of suspected case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe and laser thermometer.
- Congestion measures are observed at check-in / check-out – keeping distance
- All keys are placed in a special container for disinfection before they are given to guests.
- The business operates with extended check-out and check-in hours between stays (check out until 11.00 am and check in from 3.00 pm).
This change in the time between each check-in and check-out is mandatory to ensure that, between different customers, the room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, and that adequate natural ventilation is followed.
- Non-residents are not allowed in the rooms.
- Special cleaning instructions are applied in case of occurrence of a case according to the respective Instructions of EODY.
- The staff of the company during its work, observes the basic measures to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus – COVID-19, does not smoke, does not consume food or drinks and is equipped with gloves, masks (simple surgery or sneakers), robe and closed shoes.
- Frequent cleaning of the room during the stay (avoid contact of cleaning workers with a possible case and further transmission), only upon request as well as the abolition of daily change of clothing – towels, only at the request of the customer.
- Possibility to choose a policy between regular cleaning and waiting 24 hours before the room is made available to a customer or meticulous cleaning – disinfection (eg with steam cleaner) on the disputed room and bathroom surfaces.
- Fabric surfaces where there are (eg furniture upholstery) are cleaned with a steam device at a temperature> 70 °.
- The staff follows the rules of hygiene when sorting dirty linen using the appropriate means of personal protection (special disposable apron over the uniform, gloves and mask).
- Used fabrics, bedding and towels are placed in closed, labeled bags or sacks to be transported to laundry facilities.
- Fabrics, bedding and towels are washed in warm cycles (70oC or higher) with standard detergents.
- In the event that the clothing cleaning service is provided by an external partner, a check is made on the observance of the required collection and delivery measures in the appropriate manner.
- Care to keep clean clothing in good and clean condition during storage and transport to use areas (rooms, restaurants, etc.)
- If a visitor develops symptoms compatible with COVID-19 infection, the following applies:
- The health manager of the company contacts IMMEDIATELY with EODY at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 for evaluation of the incident by a doctor.
- If the patient has an urgent need for hospitalization, presents with a serious clinical picture, is referred to the relevant health unit, as a suspected case of COVID-19. In case it is not possible to manage a COVID-19 incident from the health infrastructure of the area, there must be provision for the transfer of the patient (EKAB, water ambulance, air transport) to the nearest health unit where he can manage it.
- If the patient presents with a mild clinical picture, a sample is taken from the physician for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19.
- If the incident is evaluated as possible COVID-19 by the examining physician, the health manager of the company contacts IMMEDIATELY with the EODY at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day), for a statement of the suspected case and instructions.
- The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
- During this waiting period, staff should not enter the patient’s room unless there is a compelling reason. If necessary, a staff member of the accommodation is advised to deal exclusively with the potential case.
The doctor and the hotel staff who will enter the room of the suspected or later confirmed case must use highly protective personal protective equipment (PPE) (masks, goggles, waterproof disposable robes). The same applies to staff cleaning a COVID-19 patient room.
- If confirmed as a case of COVID-19, he is transferred to the special quarantine hotel and later to a health unit that will accommodate patients with COVID-19, if he needs treatment. If it is not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is treated at the hotel with the instructions of the treating physician.
- The patient is transported with a simple surgical mask and a private means of transport.
- If there is a companion of the patient who wishes to stay close to him to care for him (eg spouse), the attendant should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash his hands whenever he comes in contact with secretions. of the patient (eg saliva) and definitely before the attendant touches his face or eats or drinks.
- The contact details of the patient’s relative must always be recorded in case consent is required for operations where the patient cannot communicate.
Used protective equipment (simple disposable surgical mask, gloves) should be disposed of in a bin and never used again.
- Hands should be washed thoroughly with soap and water after disposing of protective equipment. It is emphasized that the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, which is a very important means of prevention.